Monday, August 8, 2011

These are a Few of My Favorite Things

Rain drops on roses, and whiskers on kittens....  la dee dee da de, la da dee dee da dee.....

I have a really busy week (or two) coming up.  Mr. A visits the doctor for his three year check up tomorrow.  Everyone gets back to school hair cuts on Wednesday.  Back to School night is a week from Tuesday then school starts the following Thursday.  AND, my sister's family will be visiting from Maryland beginning tomorrow.  Soooo....  It's safe to say I won't have a lot of time to sit around blogging.  Never fear though!  I've come up with an idea so I can still post every day but it won't take long to share my thoughts.  

This week I'l feature a photo series of my favorite things about summer.  I'll kick things off with Mr. A eating peas fresh from the garden.  I've been taking my coffee and relaxing in the garden while I wake up.  For some reason staring at tomato plants with a little light breeze and some bird song just starts my day so nicely.  Often, one -or three- of the kids will join me and we rummage through the pea patch looking for fat round pods just the right size for eating.  Very few peas actually make it in the house to be included with meals because we're so fond of settling in and eating them where they grow.
Mr. A loves peas!

No comments:

Post a Comment