|Make patriotic yard art!|
Star Yard Art Craft
- wooden stars, assorted sizes
- wooden dowels, assorted diameters
- wood glue
- craft paint (Young kids sometimes have trouble making decisions if they have too many choices. This is very true for Miss M. If I want her to finish a project, I help her focus by limiting her choices. Even though we have a box full of paint, I'm only making red, white and blue available for this project. She won't know the difference, and can mix these choices if she really has something else in mind, but she won't spend the day trying to choose between three shades of pink.)
- spray glitter
- spray laquer (not pictured)
- paint shirts - this paint is not washable!
- Divide stars & paint among kids. Kids paint stars as they wish. Let dry.
- Spray stars with glitter. Let dry.
- Spray with laquer if art will be exposed to elements. Let dry.
- Arrange stars as you would like them to be on the dowels.
- Turn stars face down, glue to dowels. Leave 2-4 inches at the bottom to press into soil. Let dry.
- Spray with laquer again if desired. Let dry.
- Push dowels into flower pots, flower beds, walk ways, etc...