Here's a list of the ideas I've come up with so far. These are mostly things we haven't done yet this summer.
- walk the dogs on a different walking path each week
- nature hikes - gather interesting stuff for crafts
- visit playgrounds we haven't been to yet this summer
- visit the library (We haven't been once this summer!)
- go to the pool just for fun
- picnic at the lake
- photography session (I like to go someplace pretty and make the kids model. I also give them their own cameras so they can be photographers in their own right.)
- visit our favorite ice cream parlors
Ideally, I'd like to do one of these things every morning from now till school starts. And, since there's no time like the present, we're starting now. This is a good day to hit a pretty little walking path near our house. Our city has several paved paths all over town that are perfect for strollers. They wind through mostly quiet, natural settings so you feel like you're hiking even though the walking is much easier.
That's what we're doing today. What are you up to?