Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Wednesday already?

Okay, Wednesday night already?  Yikes!  Where did this week go???  I sat down to write Monday morning with a great post all worked out in my head.  Then I discovered my Internet was out.  It was out all day.  I decided to take advantage of that non-surfing time and create something I've wanted for a while now -  cute reminders of my Daily/Weekly Basics!  When I started this blog, I thought it would be a concrete way to keep track of all the things I needed/wanted to do each day.  I hoped it would help develop routines so I wouldn't slip into hours of mindless headline surfing.  Well, that was a pretty good idea but when I found myself finding excuses to open my laptop and check what was on the plan several times a day just so I'd have a reason to get back on line.  I knew there was a problem.  I started emailing my Week at a Glance page to myself so I could either print it or only open my email to view my plan.  That was great for checking my meal or activities plans, but I wasn't specific with my Daily/Weekly basics.  There simply wasn't room in the chart.  So, I typed a generic little list and tacked it up on my pantry bulletin board.  It was immediately covered by soccer schedules, newsletters, reading records and grocery ads.  I needed something flashier that would catch my eye and say "Hey!  Don't cover me up!"  On Monday, I made it.  Well, I made them more exactly.  Two 8X8 reminders of what comes next when it comes to caring for my house.  They're bright. 
They're obvious in their purpose.  They're already helping me cover "The Basics".  Here on Stay At Home Mom Plans, I've given them their own little tab up top where they're viewable any time, and when I have two seconds to sit down and figure out how to do it I'll make them download able/editable PDFs if anyone wants to make them their own.

As for the rest of the week, well, I wish I could say I was going to finally get Monday's great idea typed out.  I'm not.  In the midst of field trips and preschool graduation and potty training and soccer games and summer activity sign ups and school ending, we're also having some rather dramatic drama unfolding (which I may or may not write about in the future...)  So, until the dust settles I'm afraid blogging is on the back burner.  *sigh* And just when I was getting back into the swing of things around here.

1 comment:

  1. I made myself lists like this once. I should do them again.

    Sorry you're having drama! I hate not knowing what is going to happen/what we're going to do so I hope you figure it out soon!

    ReplyDelete