Monday, May 2, 2011

May's First Meal Plan! Yay!

During my extended winter break from blogging, I did continue making meal plans.  It's just such an easy way to make every afternoon easier.  It helps me spend less time grocery shopping, and my family always eats better when I take the time to make a plan.  Usually, I order a Bountiful Basket, which is a fabulous produce co-op.  (I first blogged about them here.)  Then, I plan my meals around the fun surprises in my basket.  I took a break from the basket this week though, so my plan had to start from scratch.  Okay, I didn't really start from scratch.  After all these months of meal planning (and a lot of documenting here) I simply looked back at bygone plans and chose some of our favorite meals.  Now I just have to grocery shop and I'll be all set to feed us for the week!  Check out my Week at a Glance page for this week's plans including links to any on line recipes I'm using.

As for FUN plans, I'm thinking I'm going to play that by ear for now.  I know, I know- failure to plan is planning to fail. When I was burned out, part of the problem was feeling constrained by the FUN plans.  I kind of stopped enjoying our FUN because I felt I HAD to do what I'd written down.  So, I'm giving myself the freedom to say "What should we do today?" this week, and we'll see how that goes.  I have several fun things in mind but we'll whatever we're in the mood for when we're ready to play.

1 comment:

  1. i'm so looking forward to doing this again!saves so much time and money. and who wants to stand in front of a stove or have the oven on when its' 80 outside!! May began the meal planning/cooking marathon!

    ReplyDelete