Thursday, June 9, 2011

Disney, You Are My Friend (And, We're Making Cat Toys Today!)

Mornings are hard on me.  Miss M often wakes before she's really had enough sleep and when she's awake she's raring to go, rested or not.  I am rarely raring to go upon waking.  I need a little time to myself.  Therefore, Disney is my friend.  Some days I simply flip the TV on to Disney Jr.   Other days, like today, I turn on a movie and Disney gives me time to turn my brain on.  Today's movie is Miss M's absolute favorite, The AristocatsThe Aristocats (Special Edition).  And when I say favorite, I mean she could watch this movie all day, every day.  She's generally obsessed with cats anyway and everything from the visuals to the music in the movie appeals to  her.  (She even asked if we could buy the soundtrackSongs From The Aristocats, which we naturally did.  She immediately figured out how to find it on the old iPod I let her use.)  Because she loves the movie so much I use it as a motivator when I really need her to do something - like leave me alone while I wake up.

All that lead me to this.  We didn't get all of yesterday's clean up finished even though we all worked hard.  Today, I'm going to have to motivate them with an actual reward for finishing the job.  My favorite rewards are activities we can do together.  With The Aristocats playing in the background, I was inspired to find something with a feline theme.  I found this cute idea for making cat toys.  If you click the link you'll see a nice selection of cat crafts ideas so it's entirely possible we will end up doing several fun kitty type things today!

More fun links:  Aristocat's coloring pages
                           Great music from classic Disney movies:
Disney Jazz Volume I: Everybody Wants To Be A Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment