Friday, July 22, 2011

Cleaning out a Closet: Should I Be Frightened?


Half of the closet about to be cleaned.
Today is the first day this week we haven't had to be up and getting ready for either tumbling or dance camp so we're taking it easy for a while.  We'll lounge around in our jammies a bit, maybe watch a movie, and get caught up on our summer reading minutes that we skipped all week in favor of dance camp.

Once we've enjoyed a little down time, I'm planning to completely clean the girls' closet.  I'm really good about pulling out clothes that don't fit anymore, and I mostly put out of season clothes in storage (I say mostly because our climate is so unpredictable, you never know when you'll want long pants and a hoodie, even in July).  Still, closets accumulate a lot of flotsam.  It's been a couple of years since I've pulled everything out of their closet and really cleaned out the stuff that has been forgotten in it's corners.  I'm expecting to find some, um, interesting items to say the least. (Last time I pulled everything out I found a formerly beloved blankie had been turned into a cat bed behind Miss E's shoes.  It was so furry I didn't even try to wash it.  Straight to the trash it went.)

I think it will take most of our afternoon, but it will be really nice to start the school year with an organized closet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment