Tuesday, July 26, 2011

"This is the Best Night of my Life!"

We had a fabulous day yesterday.  Of course the girls loved being in the parade.  I actually feel terrible because I couldn't spot them on the float full of similarly dressed dancers till they were almost past us.  Even then I only found Miss E.  I wound up chasing the float and still didn't get one decent picture. I never did spot Miss M till the parade was over.  The only pictures I have of her are before and after the actual parade.  Oh well, they loved it, and I don't think they care about the lack of pictures.

After the parade we went to a celebration at a park where we bounced in bouncy houses, jousted and ate enough frozen treats to rot our teeth as we walked.  We also stopped by a splash pad to cool off before lunch.  (Notice the Sponge Bob shaped ice cream they're enjoying?  Yeah, it was an ice cream before lunch kind of day.)

The highlight of the whole day had to be an impromptu moment after dinner.  We've had all the fixin's for s'mores for at least a week now but haven't gotten around to building a fire for them.  As I was making dinner last night Miss E argued that it was a good night for s'mores.  We tried to talk her out of it.  It had already been a very long day, it was close to bed time, it was even raining a little, but she prevailed.

We huddled close to the fire toasting our giant marshmallows (Have you seen the Giant Roasters Marshmallows?  They are awesome!)Campfire Giant Roasters Marshmallows Huge 28 Ounce Bag Pack of 3   Miss M sat wrapped in her favorite blankie and declared "the is the best night of my life!"  Let me tell you, nothing makes a mommy feel good like hearing such happiness over such a simple moment.  It was the cherry on top of a great day.

Just goes to show you that kids don't need extravagant activities or detailed planning to find happiness.  All they need is a little simple fun and together time. And giant marshmallows.


*My plans for the week are updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment