Sunday, October 17, 2010

Ahhh... A well planned week.

After flying blind last week, I've buckled down and finished this week's plan nice and early.  (You can see it here.)  I tried something new while planning this week - I chose themes both for our meals and our FUN.  For meals I took all the recipes from the massive collection of recipe links I've emailed to myself over the last few years.  Most of the recipes wound up coming from the Kraft Site and I'm using one from two weeks ago when a recipe was way to big for my family so I cooked it in two pans and froze one.  It will be SO nice to have a meal all ready made and ready to reheat and eat!

I also used something of a theme for this week's FUN.  Like many families, we have toys coming out our ears.  We have so many we forget what we have.  This week I'm going to deliberately get out some toys the kids haven't used for a while.  This serves two purposes.  First, the kids and I will have something fairly novel to do.  Then, I'll also get an idea of what they just aren't interested in anymore.  Hopefully, if I find something they really don't care about it will be easier to convince them make some charitable toy donations.

Here's to a productive and FUN week!

No comments:

Post a Comment