Monday, October 25, 2010

Rainy Day Blues

Today didn't start out so well.  First, I forgot the girls don't have school today so I got Miss E up and ready to go for no reason.  That woke Miss M and Mr. A.  Now they're all rocking and rolling and I'm ready to go back to bed.  Urgh.  And to top it off, it's raining and windy and generally a BLEH sort of day.  Typically I'd say "Movie Day!" but we've spent the weekend vegging on the computer.  I'm pretty sure the kids are going to mutiny if we don't do something active and fun today.  Fortunately, this week's FUN plans are similar to last week's plans - we're playing with toys we haven't played with for a while.  Today is the perfect day to break out our Cranium Hullabaloo game.  It's fun, it's active, and I don't remember the last time they played it.  Perfect!

The Week at a Glance page is also updated!
As I mentioned above, this week's FUN plans are still about making our way to old toys or games we haven't enjoyed lately.  I haven't found anything the kids wouldn't miss if it disappeared yet.  They've all been happy to play with whatever I've suggested.  I'm still hoping though!  For this week's meal plans I turned to a feature on the Kraft website that I've been meaning to try for a while now.  They have something called "1 Bag, 5 Dinners" that simplifies both shopping and cooking.  I haven't tried it before because some of the recipes look a little funky, but hey, shopping this week was a DREAM, and I only spent about $30 on the bag of stuff.  They have different combinations you can choose from (chicken and beef, healthy living, chicken and pork, etc...) and each combination has several options.  Hopefully, we're all happy with this little experiment because it really could make my life much easier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment