Sunday, September 19, 2010

Thinking Ahead is Good for You!

Autumn is time for high school football, and mini-cheerleader camps.  Last week E brought a flyer home inviting all girls to a mini-cheer camp.  She sweetly asked if she could go.  She said "I think I'd like to take cheer", like it was an elective class at school.  So, our afternoons will include this extra dose of fun for both girls all week.  Cheer camp happens during the time I'd normally try to start dinner prep, and a few years ago I would have just planned on take out all week. Not any more!  This week I have planned a whole week's worth of slow cooker meals so dinner will be ready when we get home.  And to make it even better, I'm using what's already in my pantry or freezer so I don't even have to make a special shopping trip for any of these healthier meals!  I feel like a meal planning pro.  I'm so proud of myself!  I'm sure our collective cholesterol levels will thank me for all this fore thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment