Saturday, September 4, 2010

Today, we cook!

Maybe I've watched Ratattouille too many times, but for some reason I've started cooking. A lot. I mean, I actually cook a variety of food in my kitchen. Sometimes twice a day! I know that's nothing to most people, but before I had a family I considered my pantry full if I had Cheerios AND Campbell's soup at the same time. I'm just not a food person. Kids love cooking though, so I've always baked cookies and muffins and what not with them. When I can, I find ways for them to help with dinner. It's a nice way to do something with them that is productive and educational in a real world sense. Thanks to Bountiful Baskets, I have a surplus of plums again, so I'm going to round up the girls and enlist their help making more delicious plum jam. Then, if we're feeling really ambitious, we're also going to try these banana muffins I thought they looked yummy and the recipe is a little simpler than the one I usually use. Of course E, otherwise known as Picky the Great, doesn't like chocolate so we'll make half the muffins sans chocolate. Or, maybe we'll double the recipe and make some plain, some with raisins, some with chocolate, and some with raisins and chocolate! Wow, we're really getting crazy now!

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment