Monday, September 6, 2010

We're headin' to the County Fair!



Once again, I'm in the mood to laze around the house. Fortunately, today brings something I've been looking forward to for weeks! Our fun plans today involve our county fair, specifically the tractor show! When I was a kid, the county fair was pretty much the only show in town in the summer time. I used to try to enter at least a few exhibits - I still remember how pleasantly surprised I was when I won second prize for a drawing of cats when I was seven. I was sure that when I had a family of my own we'd enjoy the fair every year. I'm ashamed to say I've never taken my own kids to our fair, even though E has been asking about it for the last two years. Her school always sends home a flyer about it, and she thinks it sounds great, but I've never made the effort. This year will be different. I'm motivated by the happiness I'll gain seeing A freak out over the tractor show. The kid is a bonafide tractor addict. He thinks about tractors from the second he wakes up till he goes to sleep at night. I'm guessing we'll find something to make every one happy though. Fairs are good that way. Yes, this is going to be a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment