Monday, September 27, 2010

Today might be too gorgeous not to change our plans.

Yesterday, while I was filling in my Week at a Glance page with all of this week's plans, I was just trying to think of activities we haven't done for a while.  We have a stack of card games the girls love to play but I rarely sit down and play with them so I thought that would be a good thing to do today.  But as I sit here typing, the birds are chirping merrily outside and my weather widget says today is going to be another incredible day.  Soooo....  I think we'll set up a picnic blanket on the grass and play our games out there!  I'm sure one thing will lead to another and we'll end up in the sandbox or drawing with chalk or some other outdoorsy thing, but that's not a bad thing.  The card games will still be around when the weather is lousy, but we need to soak up some sun today!

Also today, our city has been building walking trails all over the city for the past few years.  They wind through neighborhoods and up canyons and are really great places to get some exercise.  Mr. A and I are going to meet some friends and go check out a trail that will be new to us.  I love finding the trails and getting familiar with them.  They're definitely more fun than a treadmill!

No comments:

Post a Comment