Monday, August 30, 2010

Any hummingbird fans?

M and I had a loads of fun filling the bird feeders and waiting for birds today! Too bad no birds came by in that 10 minutes a four year old can stand to sit and watch for them. We decided to sit down draw some birds of our own, using the instructions I linked to in this morning's post. We had a good time drawing our birds and coming up with new ideas for personalizing them. After that I printed a coloring page about hummingbirds for her, but she was kind of done with the whole bird thing and said she wants to save it for later. Silly girl. If you click on the coloring page I've posted here, it will take you to the web site where I found it so you can print your own for your little hummingbird fan!

2 comments:

  1. Hummingbirds are one of my favorite things about summer. We also have Orioles that visit our feeders, so I bought them their own feeder. They are bigger and noisier so my little guy thinks they are way cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do desert Orioles look like? I'm only familiar with the Orioles baseball team... :D

    ReplyDelete