Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I'm back! Considering I got a late start, we've actually had a really great day so far. Last night, as I was unwinding before bed, I decided that even though I'm doing pretty well taking care of my house, that's not my main priority. My house will always be here and will probably always need cleaning but my kids are growing up before my eyes and they won't always be here. So, I'm moving them up my To Do list. I'm sure it won't be the same every day, but today I wanted to make sure I got some good, quality fun time with them. We stopped by a dollar store after swimming lessons, looking for something fun. We found a pack of 100 water balloons. Perfecto! I figured we'd get a least an hour of silly, outdoor time for our dollar and it was something we hadn't done yet this summer. (I really love dollar stores for spontaneous fun. You never know what you'll find but it's guaranteed cheap and my girls always love browsing the isles.)








We came home and spent a considerable time filling the balloons. We had a great time talking and spraying each other while Alex wondered what all this splashing was about. Each girl learned how to put the balloons on the little hose attachment but neither wanted to learn to tie them. So, I tied a lot of balloons and the fun commenced! After we (quickly) destroyed all the balloons, we decided on a pizza picnic for lunch. Great day so far!




Now, on to an outline for the rest of my day...

*Wake up - rush to get off to swimming lessons
*Swimming/Dollar Store
*Fun with Kids!
*Lunch
*Blog
  • Back to Work - Morning Basics
  • Daily Chore
  • Start girls on their jobs
  • Dinner
  • Hang out
  • Bedtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment